Assist in the processing of client waste material in accordance with all laws, regulations and industry standards/codes. Key responsibilities of the role will include: Loading and unloading of vehicles at site, utilising business supplied equipment in a safe and effective manner including diggers, forklift truck and Fish Processing Equipment. To undertake housekeeping, and other duties as directed by the Vatster Site Controller or working supervisor. All work is to be done to high standards with regards to their own safety and that of others.
- Ensure all work instructions, process and quality standards are met in line with ISO requirements.
- Undertake housekeeping, and other tasks as directed by the Operations Manager – Onshore Services and/or supervisor.
- Working effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads and priorities, maintaining high standards.
- Safely handling, processing and preparing for dispatch all hazardous / special waste
- Ensuring the quality of work meets the expectations of the business and requirements of the customer.
- Sorting and grading waste.
- Ensure yard is kept in a safe and tidy manner.
- Follow safe working practices at all times.
- Help identify ways of continually improving the way work is done at site.
HSEQ & SEPA
- Follow all TWMA and HSE/SEPA procedures.
- Ensure Company Health & Safety policies are adhered to at all times. Report any HSEQ issues that arise.
- Continuously promote a pro-active HSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance with meetings, procedures, work instructions, Company initiatives etc.
- Attend monthly safety meetings with HSEQ personnel.
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
Basic academic qualifications (E).
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Work well with staff and 3rd parties at all levels (E).
- Experience in a similar role (P).
- Working within the oil and gas or energy industry (P).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Ability to work to a high standard (E).
- HSEQ Knowledge and awareness (E).
- Ability to follow operational instructions verbally and in writing (E).
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company (E).
- Effective Team Player (E).
- Mechanical aptitude (P).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (P).
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.